Be the first to provide our guests with a warm welcome when they arrive. Help prepare venues by setting out chairs, keeping guests safe and maintaining access routes so that everybody can participate in the programme. You will need a big heart for serving others and bags of stamina and energy for long hours and physical work.
Being a steward is hugely rewarding and enables you to meet guests and see something of the Spring Harvest programme as you fulfil your role. It is a physically demanding role, but those who come back year after year often do so because of the sense of community amongst the stewarding team.
If you’re not afraid of hard work, and are able to fulfil the physical aspects of this role, you could become one of the unsung heroes of Spring Harvest!
WHAT YOU COULD BE DOING:
- Welcoming guests with a smile
- Preparing venues (involves lifting chairs and equipment)
- Ensuring venues are safe before guests arrive
- Counting guests entering meetings
- Relaying messages
- Directing traffic
- Clearing litter and dealing with lost property
- Playing an active role during emergency evacuations
- Joining in with the daily team prayer meeting
- Generally doing whatever it is that needs doing!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A good positive attitude
- Physical resilience for lifting, carrying and being on your feet most of the day
- The ability to work within a team under the supervision of a team leader
- A typical day will start around 7.30am and finish around 11.30pm
- You will receive meal breaks and rest periods will be given where possible
- You may be asked to help with set-up or pack-down for the event
- You may be expected to arrive 1 day prior to guests arriving at Spring Harvest
VOLUNTEERS MUST BE:
- Over 18 years of age
- A committed Christian, regularly and actively involved in a local church
- Able to complete an online application and provide referee details
- Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS check for Spring Harvest
- Happy to serve within the EA Basis of Faith and Lausanne Covenant
VOLUNTEERS WILL RECEIVE:
- Free team accommodation
- Three meals a day
- Travel expenses up to £80