Summary of the role
Help behind-the-scenes in preparing venues for Spring Harvest, transporting equipment around the resort and attending to general construction and maintenance tasks.
You will need to have a practical mind, a full clean driving licence and the ability to turn your hand to practically any DIY task required.
Our Event Support volunteers are the backbone of our set-up team for Spring Harvest and are usually found carrying a giant tool box around in a van!
They bring a wealth of practical experience which enables them to adapt to all sorts of maintenance and construction tasks and they take responsibility for moving and driving all sorts of equipment around the resort.
WHAT YOU COULD BE DOING:
- Creating office spaces
- Building and dressing stage areas
- Assembling the structure of the Spring Harvest resource stand and bookshop
- Creating and constructing props
- General maintenance
- Driving around the resort, handling heavy equipment
- Managing the contents of Spring Harvest’s resort storage containers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A full clean driving licence
- Loads of stamina and physical strength
- A practical mind to be able to turn your hand to anything
- You will be very busy during the event set-up and break-down periods
- You will be called upon as required during the event
- You will need to be available a few days before the event starts
- You will need to work late into the night on the final evening to help with pack-down
VOLUNTEERS MUST BE:
- Over 18 years of age
- Able to complete an online application and provide referee details
- Happy to work within the EA Basis of Faith and Lausanne Covenant
VOLUNTEERS WILL RECEIVE:
- Free team accommodation (shared rooms)
- Three meals a day
- Travel expenses up to £80